Thread: Windows 10

Windows 10

Howdy guys,

well i installed windows 10 quite a few days ago and i have to say it runs just great!
    Even on my slower "machines" it runs smooth!

Give it a "try": https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Cheers
    ASWP SERVER CO-Administrator
    ASWP Moderator
    E-Mail: misanthrope.s.g@googlemail.com

Silence is one of the most effective forms of communication.

I've been running Win10 on my work PC since it was released. There are a few things I'm not happy with, their insistence of hiding Control Panel and trying to pass of their Edge browser as something new when basically it's a dumbed down version of IE. And speaking of IE, it's still there just hidden, do a search for internet explorer. Overall though, after tweaking it a bit, I like it.
    I can be found playing on the following server regularly. If you love tactical games, this one is awesome!

Playmaster, Edge is actually a brand new browser. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Edge
    On my upgraded notebook, it was easy to find IE.
    I don't mind the new Setting interface, as it seems a bit better streamlined and seems like it would be easier to use with a tablet or phone.
    Nil_ASWP

Quote Originally Posted by Nil View Post
    Playmaster, Edge is actually a brand new browser. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Edge
    On my upgraded notebook, it was easy to find IE.
    I don't mind the new Setting interface, as it seems a bit better streamlined and seems like it would be easier to use with a tablet or phone.
    After a few more months of using Win10, I've been able to get everything set for easy access to things since Microsoft insisted they make you take extra steps to get to things you need. I still like it and will stay with it.

As for Edge, it's crap, no use in the IT world plus I use Firefox instead. We use Sharepoint for our Intranet and Edge does weird things with it so it's useless for that so I use IE11 when I need to access that site. I would use Firefox but I keep having to login with my credentials when on the Intranet so it's just easier to jump on IE for a few minutes.

All-in-all, it's a decent update to Windows and a huge improvement from Win8.1 now that you have a more useable start menu.
    I can be found playing on the following server regularly. If you love tactical games, this one is awesome!

Edge is definitely a work in progress, but I think it's an interesting experiment in MS developing a new browser from scratch. Overall, I think Win 10 is a step up from Win 7, even.
    Nil_ASWP