Thread: Chat

A D M I N I S T R A T E D NoBody's Avatar

Chat

:P

Be i know the forum is just up and running, and we should be thankfull...funny.."be thankfull"..as in "Beheader"..arg...

is it possible to someday integrate a live chat board...where all registered logged in members can join in..all post go in one long log..and it has the peeps name by it as the post..sorta like in the console during a game...??

just curious

thx :
    Trees dont move, ride around them

beheader

Re: Chat

author=NoBody link=board=501&num=992748124&start=0#0 date=06/16/01 at 22:22:04]
    :P

Be i know the forum is just up and running, and we should be thankfull...funny.."be thankfull"..as in "Beheader"..arg...

is it possible to someday integrate a live chat board...where all registered logged in members can join in..all post go in one long log..and it has the peeps name by it as the post..sorta like in the console during a game...??

just curious

thx :
    Funny you sahould say that. I'm working on a java chat to be integrated into the forum...

I'm not done "Elvising"

;D  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

sweeet !  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
    space monsters, unite!

author=BEHEADER ASWP link=board=501&num=992748124&start=0#1 date=06/17/01 at 01:27:38]

Funny you sahould say that. I'm working on a java chat to be integrated into the forum...

I'm not done "Elvising"
    You da man!

oops, I posted. Stick a fork in this thread, it's done...

Another option is MIRC. We could have our own channel and we could all hang out there. That would be a good way to initiate usage on our non-ffa servers. Also, it has features like you could leave q3posts as to where you are right now. Leaving MIRC on doesn't hinder your Quake connection one bit. Ex: I'm hanging out in the MIRC channel, but I decide I want to Quake. I would then change me nick from Madam_X to Madam_X|q3, then leave a post to where I'm at. If someone wants to find out where I am, all he/she has to do is type "?q3post" and it would list the server IP I am at. That q3post is a separate d/l, it doesn't automatically get d/led w/ MIRC. Honestly, I haven't read up on where to get the d/l from yet. But I've seen it done by others. I can still receive the posts without having to d/l it. For those who are not familiar with MIRC, first and foremost, it's free, it's like internet chat rooms basically, you set up your own channel and people can come into your channel for a visit. Within that channel, you can also choose to chat with 1 or more people privately by setting up a "private chat". That's the gist of it. I forgot to get the URL. :(. But it's real easy to find. If your interested, just do a search under MIRC, it should be the first one.
    (and again, you could leave it on while playing quake and it wouldn't interfere in the slightest)
    ps:  I also think you can set up a channel for "invitation only" basis.

ASWP Server Co-Admin GroinKloth_ASWP's Avatar

I was thinking the very same thing  (per NoBody's original post). YAY this is great!
    You can see who is currently logged in, and it sure would be great to fucking chat with some of our lame ass fellow clan bitches. <----Love the cuss filter! ;D
    Gorgonzola, provolone. Don't even get me started on this microphone.

author=BEHEADER ASWP link=board=501&num=992748124&start=0#1 date=06/17/01 at 01:27:38]

I'm not done "Elvising"
     That will be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

author=madam_X link=board=501&num=992748124&start=5#5 date=06/18/01 at 13:59:18]
    Another option is MIRC. We could have our own channel and we could all hang out there. That would be a good way to initiate usage on our non-ffa servers. Also, it has features like you could leave q3posts as to where you are right now. Leaving MIRC on doesn't hinder your Quake connection one bit. Ex: I'm hanging out in the MIRC channel, but I decide I want to Quake. I would then change me nick from Madam_X to Madam_X|q3, then leave a post to where I'm at. If someone wants to find out where I am, all he/she has to do is type "?q3post" and it would list the server IP I am at. That q3post is a separate d/l, it doesn't automatically get d/led w/ MIRC. Honestly, I haven't read up on where to get the d/l from yet. But I've seen it done by others. I can still receive the posts without having to d/l it. For those who are not familiar with MIRC, first and foremost, it's free, it's like internet chat rooms basically, you set up your own channel and people can come into your channel for a visit. Within that channel, you can also choose to chat with 1 or more people privately by setting up a "private chat". That's the gist of it. I forgot to get the URL. :(. But it's real easy to find. If your interested, just do a search under MIRC, it should be the first one.
    (and again, you could leave it on while playing quake and it wouldn't interfere in the slightest)
    ps: I also think you can set up a channel for "invitation only" basis.
    I believe tha tTech already set up a channel on asylumn-net, and I uploaded a zipped version of MIRC to Crack's FTP that all you have to do is type in your handle and it hit connect to take you to the proper server and channel.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't."

ASWP "Oldbie"
    g0d.aswp@gmail.com