Thread: Important Note about the Point Release!

beheader

Important Note about the Point Release!

Everyone...

Please be aware that we will not be going to the new point release the *moment* it comes out.

Since it's been a while since we had to do the upgrade hell I want to remind you that we have to make sure that the point release is stable in all of it's incarnations, and that the mods that admins are running are compatible.

Wayyyyy back when we were running 1.17 this process took a couple of months when the 1.2X transition occured.

When the final is released we will test it before it goes on the servers and you will be given notice that the upgrades are to happen.

Re: Important Note about the Point Release!

author=BEHEADER ASWP link=board=501&num=992932938&start=0#0 date=06/19/01 at 01:42:18]
    Everyone...

Please be aware that we will not be going to the new point release the *moment* it comes out.

Since it's been a while since we had to do the upgrade hell I want to remind you that we have to make sure that the point release is stable in all of it's incarnations, and that the mods that admins are running are compatible.

Wayyyyy back when we were running 1.17 this process took a couple of months when the 1.2X transition occured.

When the final is released we will test it before it goes on the servers and you will be given notice that the upgrades are to happen.
     Makes good sense to me, after all, how many "bugs" will this release contain

author=BEHEADER ASWP link=board=501&num=992932938&start=0#0 date=06/19/01 at 01:42:18]
    Everyone...

You Da Man Be, drive on with yo bad self!

oops, I posted. Stick a fork in this thread, it's done...

beheader

author=icepop77 link=board=501&num=992932938&start=0#2 date=06/21/01 at 22:12:02]

You Da Man Be, drive on with yo bad self!
    Hmmm...  perhaps I want to be good for a change??

Vanilla icecream for everyone!

author=BEHEADER ASWP link=board=501&num=992932938&start=0#3 date=06/21/01 at 22:16:17]

Hmmm... perhaps I want to be good for a change??

Vanilla icecream for everyone!
    I'll take hot fudge on mine ;D