Thread: Policy- your ping.

beheader

Policy- your ping.

I'm setting a policy regarding troubleshooting ping problems which I and the other admins have done from time to time for members.

First off, I and the other admins will answer any question posted to us via the forums or e-mail.

However, when we are on the game server do not expect an answer regarding tech support.

Generally speaking when we am on the server we am there to play, and therefor wish to do that without tech support interruptions.

Please respect my wishes on this, I would like the admins to still be able to play and have fun!

Respectfully yours..

Re: Policy- your ping.

I guess i'm the reason why this was posted tonight?  :

Sorry man. Its just that after 30 some odd days of unplayable connections to ASWP I start asking some questions. From now on i'll just post it on the boards... ;D

Np Be. Maybe me too. I asked for your help once during a game, a while back, only because it was during that time that we didn't have internet access on any application, except Quake, no email, ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, etc, so Quake was my only online access. Anyways, I was playing on the CTF server and you bopped in and I was so happy cuz I knew you might know something about our problem and could at least direct us to the culprit. I asked you if I could talk to you before you left, but you ignored me :'( :'( :'(. I kinda figured that was why, because I completely understand your request and why. I wouldn't want to be bothered by it either during gameplay. That's why I felt bad asking, but Quake was my only source for the outside world and I couldn't resist the temptation knowing that you have all this knowledge about this crap and would prolly know what the prob was. Anyways, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

beheader

author=madam_X link=board=501&num=993442721&start=0#2 date=06/25/01 at 08:27:17]
    Np Be. Maybe me too. I asked for your help once during a game, a while back, only because it was during that time that we didn't have internet access on any application, except Quake, no email, ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, etc, so Quake was my only online access. Anyways, I was playing on the CTF server and you bopped in and I was so happy cuz I knew you might know something about our problem and could at least direct us to the culprit. I asked you if I could talk to you before you left, but you ignored me :'( :'( :'(. I kinda figured that was why, because I completely understand your request and why. I wouldn't want to be bothered by it either during gameplay. That's why I felt bad asking, but Quake was my only source for the outside world and I couldn't resist the temptation knowing that you have all this knowledge about this crap and would prolly know what the prob was. Anyways, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
    Madam, I'm really sorry about that.

Sometimes it gets frustrating when everyone is pulling my chain for something. However, I like helping out via e-mail and forum because I can get to it as time allows.

I really hope you were not offended... you know I'm here for players on this system!

No prob at all. I understand, I imagine you get bothered alot during gameplay. I just wanted you to know, that was the only reason I brought it up during the game, because we didn't have any other way to ask since we didn't have access to email or any other internet access. I wouldn't have bothered you during a game otherwise. 8)

[move]You're still the wind beneath my wings[/move]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

author=BEHEADER ASWP link=board=501&num=993442721&start=0#3 date=06/25/01 at 08:48:57]
    Sometimes it gets frustrating when everyone is pulling my chain for something.
    Hmmm. I'm trying to think - do I know anyone who has been bad in this regard?? Yikes! I think I do! :o Don't worry, I'm going to take the offending person out and beat that person with a stick!! ;D

Cheers! 8)
    Dum Spiro Spero

beheader

author=Maleficus ASWP link=board=501&num=993442721&start=5#5 date=06/25/01 at 09:22:35]

Hmmm. I'm trying to think - do I know anyone who has been bad in this regard?? Yikes! I think I do! :o Don't worry, I'm going to take the offending person out and beat that person with a stick!! ;D

Cheers! 8)
    Male,

Don't take it so personally. I just thought I needed to set a policy since I have a mailbox full of this tech support stuff everyday.

It's not specifically you, or any one person for that matter.

I just don't want to get so wrapped up in tech support stuff that I cannot play....

Whoops,
    Guilty as charged. If my damned work dsl would get it's act together, I might be more involved here and know what was coming down. Oh well. Sorry Be, and damn!!, I'm a co-admin! I should no better. The only thing I have been able to tell folks is, "this too shall pass". I believe it as well, having seen the bad end of the ping game for a nice stretch awhile back. What ever it is will go away and all will be well. Except for Sess, he will never have a good ping  

Beguiler
    Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

Albert Einstein

beheader

author=Beguiler_ASWP link=board=501&num=993442721&start=5#7 date=06/25/01 at 23:10:47]
    Whoops,
    Guilty as charged. If my damned work dsl would get it's act together, I might be more involved here and know what was coming down. Oh well. Sorry Be, and damn!!, I'm a co-admin! I should no better. The only thing I have been able to tell folks is, "this too shall pass". I believe it as well, having seen the bad end of the ping game for a nice stretch awhile back. What ever it is will go away and all will be well. Except for Sess, he will never have a good ping

Beguiler
    Did we decide that for sess at the last meeting.... or was it the one before LOL!

Now that's Money baby ... OUTRAGE's Avatar

hey guys i need some tech support. Come gone me in a game. LOL HEy Be..these forms really rock, the more i use them the more i like ;D. I still get lost in them some times :P

Her lately my ping on the main server has really gone down hill and i've seen others lately having the same thing. The ones i've talked to are also on @home , so my guess is that - well - there you go.. Also my last post gave me page not found after about 1 min. of tring . I reposted and Whamme there it was..Is this on my end aswell..?
    thx    ( all answers can be given in the game tonite )
    beauty is only a light switch away

beheader

author=OUTRAGE link=board=501&num=993442721&start=5#9 date=06/27/01 at 17:51:42]
    hey guys i need some tech support. Come gone me in a game. LOL HEy Be..these forms really rock, the more i use them the more i like ;D. I still get lost in them some times :P

Her lately my ping on the main server has really gone down hill and i've seen others lately having the same thing. The ones i've talked to are also on @home , so my guess is that - well - there you go.. Also my last post gave me page not found after about 1 min. of tring . I reposted and Whamme there it was..Is this on my end aswell..?
    thx ( all answers can be given in the game tonite )
    Well @home in general may be having issues... I'm hearing the same things. Perhaps I'll take a run over to www.dslreports.com and check out what recent users are saying about their connections.

As far as the errors are concerned.... I'm sure there are bound to be some at some point. However I have not had any occur for me and I connect to the forums the same way you do (Via internet). Could just be a browser error. If anything does come up that I can fix you can be sure I will...

author=BEHEADER ASWP link=board=501&num=993442721&start=5#6 date=06/25/01 at 09:40:19]

I just don't want to get so wrapped up in tech support stuff that I cannot play....
    Understood! ;D
    Dum Spiro Spero