Thread: test 1.29 server

A D M I N I S T R A T E D NoBody's Avatar

test 1.29 server

[move]this is just a test[/move]

i just poseted to the list, but as a redundancy, ive put up a test 1.29 server..to see how the game playes. its 5 player, and 2 minutes after up..it filled..so post to me via private messages here if anyone cant get it..im sure it wont stay busy....but if does, ill make private aswp.

64.34.133.37 27962

id maps only, and ill be interested how it and the other coexist via bandwith, i should be ok.

[move]this has been a test of the 1.29 ASWP system[/move]

Trees dont move, ride around them

Re: test 1.29 server

i played it for a while and it seems pretty smooth...

just one odd thing happened:

NoBody's skin (from my perspective) stayed in one location, even tho he wasn't there!?!  i would get fragged by an invisible NoBody while staring at his static skin which was was looking in a corner.  after reconnecting, all was well.  first time i've heard of that!

it (1.29) seems a *tad* laggier, hardly noticeable, if at all, and my ping was around normal, in the 90 range.  

looks ok to me!
    space monsters, unite!

:-/

Things ive noticed so far
    1) 1.29 is where all the chat fraggn newbies have migrated to. Stop by to take out any frustrations without opposition.

2) game feels same...new lightning gun is more accurate, there are command to turn off new features and set weapons like 1.25

3)error #1. ive never had this happen at NoBodys House..but im sure everyone has seen prime at the end..the game starts again but everyone still sees the end results..that happned once on 1.29 fer me today.

4) As hal mentioned...ive had this happen in 1.17..when ive come into the game. or another player, they come n invisible..not sure what happned..but i was invisible to Hal only..everyone else saw me..could be a mac thing??

5) i had 4 peeps on each server this evening, and felt no ill effects..weee..my 1.25 has been getting fewer peeps lately, and i find it interesting that the 1.29 was busy from the start, with few empty times..

just some thoughts...i like the update overall...i think it feels a bit smoother.....

The invisibility thing wasn't just macs. I ran into the problem several times playing on my win2k pc and even once while in linux.
    -=sessamoid=-

greg...what versions?

i ran into in 1.17 on a pc...but havnt seen it in 1.25 at all

i guess i haven't seen that bug since 1.17 either. haven't seen it in 1.27 at all. it was quite annoying though.
    -=sessamoid=-

just a note...the invisibility thing happned again...so it is a bug to be aware of. :(